Download : 25th February, 2017 - Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF's here )
National Current Affairs
Khajuraho Dance Festival Starts in Madhya Pradesh
- The dance festival is conducted every year by the Madhya Pradesh Kala Parishad.
- This cultural festival showcases various Indian classical dance styles such as Kathak, Bharathanatyam, Odissi, Kuchipudi, Manipuri and Kathakali with performances of some of the best exponents in the field.
Jammu & Kashmir to observe 2017 as 'Year of Apple'
- 2017 declared as ‘Year of Apple’ to promote the famed Kashmiri apples in domestic and foreign markets.
- High Density Apple Plantation Scheme in Srinagar to provide 50% subsidy
- The high density plants have a yield of 50-70 metric tonnes per hectare against 10-12 tonnes in case of conventional plants.
- Around 20 Lakh tonnes of Apple is produced in India every year. The top apple producing states of India are Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand & Arunachal Pradesh.
International Ayurvedic Research Institute Planned At Kannur
- Ayurvedic research institute will be set up at the cost of Rs 300 crore at
- It will be set up jointly by Thiruvananthapuram Citizens India Charitable Trust, Health Department with technical assistance of WHO.
Business & Economy
Microsoft to deploy Azure Stack in Andhra Pradesh
- Microsoft Azure Stack will be used to migrate 340 live applications of AP government from Hyderabad State Data Centre (SDC) to Vizag data center.
- It consists of three key components includes Data center – application, server, and the storage – into one physical box and deliver to the client.
- It is a cloud software that is binding the entire stack together in one environment.
- Microsoft is doing proof of concept(POC) with Government of Andhra Pradesh to prove its capability for the first time.
People in News
Dick Bruna Creator of the Cartoon Rabbit Miffy Dies at 89
- Dutch author, artist, illustrator and graphic designer Dick Bruna died in the Dutch city of Utrecht. He was
- Bruna was best known for his more than 200 children’s books which he authored and illustrated. The most notable creation was Miffy, known as Nijntje in Dutch, the cartoon rabbit drawn with heavy graphic lines, simple shapes and primary colors.
- More than 80 million Miffy books have been sold globally.
Bengali singer Banasree Sengupta passes away
- Noted Bengali singer Banasree Sengupta was passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal at the age of 71.
- She is well known for some of the most popular modern songs likes Aaj Bikeler Daake Tomar Chithi Pelam, Amar Ange Jawle Rangmashal and Chhi Chhi Chhi Eki Kando Korech
Hindi novelist Ved Prakash Sharma passes away
- Famous Hindi novelist Ved Prakash Sharma was passed away in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. He was 62.
- Sharma has written nearly 176 novels includes “Qaidi No 100” and “Vardi Wala Gunda“.
- He had also written scripts for about half-a-dozen Hindi movies.
Former Mohun Bagan Goalkeeper Shibaji Banerjee Passes Away
- Former Mohun Bagan goalkeeper Shibaji Banerjee passed away in Kolkata. He was 68.
- The soccer legend Shibaji had played for the club for 11 years. Banerjee won 34 trophies with the club.
- He is also well known for stopping a free kick taken by Pele during the 1977 exhibition match against New York Cosmos.
- Banerjee was part of Mohun Bagan’s three-man technical committee at the time of passing away
U.K. named Cressida Dick as first woman to lead Scotland Yard
- Cressida Dick(56) was appointed as the new commissioner of London’s Metropolitan Police. With this, she become the first woman to lead Scotland Yard in 188 year UK history.
- Dick replace Bernard Hogan-Howe, who is stepping down from the position previous week.
- She left the police force in 2015 to work at the foreign office and led the security operation for the 2012 London Olympics.
Sports Current Affairs
India to Host Next Davis Cup tie in Bangalore in April
- Bangalore has been chosen to host the next Davis Cup Asia-Oceania Zone group-1 tie against Uzbekistan
- As per the announcement made by the All India Tennis Association (AITA), the tie clash will be held on the hard courts of Karnataka State Lawn Tennis Association (KSLTA) in Bangalore.
- The last time two teams clashed against each other was in April 2012 when Uzbekistan emerged 3-2 winners in tie.