Download : 23rd February, 2017 – Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF’s here )
National Current Affairs
Composite Regional Centre in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
- Aim: To create resources and infrastructure required for developing services for persons with disabilities
- The centre is established under the National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities(NILD), Kolkata of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India
Cyber Swachhta Kendra in New Delhi
- Aim :To create a secure cyber space by detecting botnet infections.
- Cyber Swachhta Kendra will operate in close coordination and collaboration with Internet Service Providers and Antivirus companies.
- The planning of this centre was announced in 2015 with an outlay of Rs 100 crore.
Tamil Nadu govt announce Rs 2247 cr for drought affected farmers
- Tamil Nadu government has sanctioned Rs 2,247 crore to drought-hit farmers in Tamil Nadu after the report submitted to the government by senior officials.
- The report suggested that Rs 2,247 crore for 50,34,237 acres in which crops were cultivated during samba season.
- Farmers whose rain-fed lands will get Rs 3,000 per acreand Rs 5,465 per acre to farmers who have lands which are dependent on irrigating
Business & Economy
Govt launches its own QR code platform – BharatQR
- As part of the less cash economy push BharatQR code platform has been launched by the Centre. This move will be the first platform with low inter-operability cost.
- This Platform is jointly developed by – the National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI), the creator and issuer of RuPay cards, MasterCard, American Express, and Visa.
- In Bharat QR Platfrom Quick Response code will be used for storing Card Details and also let the users make Aadhaar-enabled payments and through UPI.
Citi launches program to boost tech innovators
- Private sector Lender CitiBank has launched Citi Tech for Integrity Challenge (T4I) in India, a global program that boosts technology innovators.
- The Digital move will produce solutions to stimulate integrity, accountability and transparency in the public sector space.
Dish TV joins hands with ICICI Bank for digital payments
- Direct-to-home operator Dish TV joined hands with India’s largest public sector lender ICICI bank for digital payments.
- The move will further push the customer base towards digital economy and also aid customers with or without Internet access to recharge conveniently.
Telangana Govt Signs MoU With NABARD For Rs 874-Crore Loan
- Telangana Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NABARD for a loan of Rs 874 crore.
- This loan will be used for Horticulture Development Corporation to cover 3.15 lakh acres under Micro Irrigation scheme for 2016-17 and 2017-18.
CII signs MoU with Singapore trade and business agencies
- Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) has signed a Technology Partnership MoU with two Singapore agencies International Enterprise (IE) Singapore and the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) to promote expertise in expanding businesses.
- It will help build platforms to forge partnerships that connect our small enterprises and startups
MoU signed for welfare of Handicraft Artisans belonging to Scheduled Castes
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between different Ministry with an objective to improve the earnings of artisans across the country, belonging to Scheduled Castes categories.
- An MoU was signed between Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation(NSFDC), a Central PSU under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
EDII wins International Mercury Award 2016-17
- Ahmedabad-based Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India(EDII) has received the prestigious International Mercury Awards for the year 2016-17 for the best overall presentation of its 2015-2016 annual report.
- EDII is an acknowledged national resource institute for entrepreneurship education, research, training and institution-building and was set up by MerComm, Inc.
- Mercomm INC is the world’s only independent awards organization, the International Mercury Awards, honor outstanding achievement in professional communications in around 80 countries.
Haryana CM, Guv confer Bhim Award to 42 sportspersons
- Haryana government gave away the Bhim awards to 42 sports persons of the state, spotting them for their outstanding performance at the national and international fronts between the years 2013 and 2017.
- A total prize money of Rs 2.10 crore was distributed among the 42 sports persons and the awardees would be presented Bhim award that would get in cash, a memento, citation, blazer, tie and a scarf.
Science & Technology
Researchers develop first stretchable integrated circuit using an inkjet printer
- Researchers from Michigan State University announced the creation of the first stretchable integrated circuit using an inkjet printer
- This circuit will raise the possibility of the inexpensive production of “smart fabric.”
Indian Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel commissioned in Goa
- The fourth ship of Indian Coast Guard named ‘Shaunak’,was commissioned in the series of six offshore patrol vessels (OPV) in Vasco, located in South Goa.
- Shaunak has been designed and built indigenously by Goa Shipyard Ltd that can carry one twin engine light helicopter and five high speed boats.
- The Ship will be based in Vishakhapatnam will employ in surveillance and other duties in Exclusive Economic Zone under the administrative and operational command of the Coast Guard region (East).
Sports Current Affairs
Dustin Johnson dominates Genesis Open to overtake world No. 1
- American professional golfer Dustin Hunter Johnson has claimed No 1 Position in Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in his career
- Earlier the Golfer bagged the 2016 U.S. Open at Oakmont Country Club, and finished in a tie for second at 2015 U.S. Open.
- Johnson became the 20th player to reach the top position since the world ranking began in 1986, culminating Jason Day’s 47-week stay at the top.