Download : 1st April, 2017 – Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF’s here )
National Current Affairs
Bihar’s Technical Move – Free Wifi For Students
- This move is to provide free- zones in colleges and universities which will be helpful for the student studies.
- It is the part of seven decisions of the Grand Alliance government in Bihar to promote governance.
Indian Science Congress To Be Held At Osmania University, Hyderabad
- It is been expected that 25 noble laureates will be attending this congress at Hyderabad and about 25000 people are expected to attend this congress.
- This is the sixth time Osmania University (OU) will be hosting this congress
Now Aadhaar made mandatory for mobile connections
- By this new move nearly 1.1 billion telecom subscribers will have to go through a new verification exercise and a total of Rs 1 billion amount must be spent by the telecom industries.
2017 National Theatre Festival (NTF) Concluded in Kerala
- The festival featured 17 plays in different regional languages
- The festival was participated by some of the seasoned theatre campaigners as well as upcoming youngsters who have already made their respective marks in theatrics.
Parliament passes Mental Healthcare Bill 2016
- Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016’ has secured parliamentary approval as Lok Sabha passed the Bill through a voice vote.
- The Bill supersedes section 309 of the Indian Penal Codeand decriminalises suicide attempt by mentally ill people.
Rs 1437.84 Cr Deficit Budget For FY-18 Presented by Nagaland CM
- Nagaland presented deficit in budget of Rs 1437.84 Crore for the Fiscal Year 2017-18 (FY-18) on March 28, 2017.
- The total income (gross receipt) for the State government will be 26 crore and expenditure at Rs 16365.17 crore.
- Out of this Rs. 16365.17crore expenditure, Rs. 12644 crore (80%) is for non-developmental expenditure (Non plan expenditure) whiles the rest Rs. 3720 crore (20%) is for development expenditure (Plan expenditure)
Supreme Court Instruct High Courts to Install CCTV in Courtroom
- Supreme Court has directed the High Courts of all the states and union territories to install close circuit (CCTV) cameras without audio recording to increase transparency in court proceedings
- It directed the lower courts to ensure that district and session courts in a minimum of two districts in every state and union territories have CCTV cameras installed inside courtrooms as well as in the court precincts within a period of three months.
- The apex court also cleared that the footage of the camera will not be made available to lawyers, litigants and the general public under the RTI (Right To Information Act) without permission of the concerned high court.
- In the initial phase, 24 high courtsacross the country has been mandated to follow the order.
SC Bans Non-Compliant BS-IV Emission Vehicles from April 1
- Supreme Court of India has ruled that no vehicles which are Bharat Stage-IV emission non-compliant will be registered or sold in the country after April 1, 2017.
- The court has permitted the registration to such vehicles if it furnishes the proof of being purchased before April 1.
Business & Economy
Use of Bitcoin, other virtual currencies not authorized by RBI, says Govt.
- In backdrop of demontisation, a question was raised in Rajya Sabha asking the Govt. to clear its stand on status of virtual currencies including Bitcoin in India.
- Reply mentioned that Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cautioned about potential legal, financial and security risk arising on account of holding, investing or trading in virtual currencies including Bitcoin.
Environment and Ecology
Cyclone Debbie Hits Australian Coastal Resorts; Causes Huge Damage
- Coastal areas in northeast Australia were severely damaged by high winds and heavy rainfall as Tropical Cyclone Debbie entered through the far north of Queensland damaging homes and leaving thousands houses without power supply.
- The category 4 cyclone, Debbie, moved with a wind speed of more than 220 km per hour (135 mph)damaging the tourist resorts in Whitsunday Islands along the world-famous Great Barrier Reef.
- As per the authorities, the cyclone was just one category below the most dangerous category of 5. However the cyclone later downgraded to category 2 and the forecasters said that it would further downgrade to category 1 by next day.
Science & Technology
De-Induction Of Indian Navy’s TU142M Aircraft and Induction of Boeing P8I Into INAS 312
- After 29 illustrious years of service,TU142M aircraft has been de-inducted from the Indian Navy.
- TU142M is being replaced by a fleet of P-8I maritime surveillance aircraft.P-8I has been developed by Boeing Company and is popularly referred to as Boeing P-8 Poseidon by the United States Navy.
INLCU L51 commissioned into Indian Navy at Port Blair
- INLCU L51,first of the eight ships of the LCU MK IV Class was commissioned into the Indian Navy