Download : 18th March, 2017 - Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF's here )
National Current Affairs
India’s contribution to UN increases to Rs 244 crore
- India’s contribution to the United Nations has increased to Rs 244 crore from Rs 157 crore for 2016-17.
- Indian government had also made voluntary contributions to the tune of Rs 22 crore to international organizations, including UN agencies.
International Current Affairs
China, Saudi Arabia ink deals worth about $65 billion
- China and Saudi Arabia officials have signed Memorandums of Understanding(MoU) and Letters of Intent(LoI) potentially worth about $65 billionduring Saudi King Salman’s visit to China.
- Aim :To promote investment opportunities in the kingdom
- The agreements seeks co-operations in the field of investment, energy, space and other areas.
Business & Economy
HDFC Bank Launches India’s First Digital Loans Against Securities
- LAS will reduced the time to disburse the overdraft facility in just 3 minutesrather than several days previously. This is a first-of-its-kind initiative in India and probably the first in the world as well.
- Under the facility, customers can pledge shares directly through their demat accounts and give necessary approvals while applying for the loan.
- Shares dematerialized by NSDL and executed through HDFC Bank demat account could be used for pledging.
- The bank will instantly approves the loan and the money will be credited to their bank accounts. Once shares are pledged, a customer cannot sell them unless the loan against them has been cleared.
- The loan amount ranges from Rs 1 to 20 lakh for a period and every year the loan amount will be reevaluated.
UCO Bank, Future Generali tie up
- Target : To achieve a growth of 80 per cent by FY18.
- Future Generali General Insurance is a joint venture between India’s leading retailer Future Group and Italy based insurance major Generali.
- It offers a wide spectrum of general insurance products like Motor Insurance, Health Insurance, Travel Insurance, Personal Accident & Home Insurance.
People in News
OnePlus India Ropes Amitabh Bachchan as its New Brand Ambassador
- Mr Bachchan is the first major face that OnePlus India is associating with for its latest flagship smartphone, OnePlus 3T.
- According to the OnePlus team, Bachchan has been considered since he better represents ‘OnePlus’ motto ‘Never Settle’.
- OnePlus 3T is rated as the best smartphone as compared to other brands based on consumer ratings on Amazon India.
Noted Film Director Diphan Dies At 45
- Well known Malayalam film director Diphan passed away in Kochi after suffering from liver ailment. He was 45
- Diphan has directed seven films including Puthiyamukham, D Company, Hero and Leader, Dolphins and SIM.
Justice Sharma sworn in as Upalokayukta of Assam
- Former Judge of the Gauhati High Court Chittaranjan Sharmahas sworn in as Assam’s Upalokayukta
Babul Supriyo Named Vice-President Of FIFA U-17 World Cup LOC
- Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Babul Supriyohas been named as Vice President of the 2017 U-17 FIFA World Cup organizing committee
Central Bank won Official language policy award
- Mumbai based Central Bank of India won the first prize in the implementation of Official Language Policy in the western region for the year 2015-2016 at the Official Language Conference of Central and Western Regions
Science & Technology
Pakistan successfully test-fires land based anti-ship missile
- Pakistan Navy has successfully test-fired ground-to-sea missile from the coastal region
- The trial was witnessed by Vice Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Khan Hisham Bin Siddique.
- The missile is equipped with modern technology avionics, secured a hit on a target placed at sea with a high degree of accuracy.