Download : 18th April, 2017 – Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF’s here )
National Current Affairs
Trial run of “Vistadome Coaches”
- These coaches are specially designed for providing wide view to passengers.
- It is equipped with LED lights, rotatable seats and GPS based information system.
- The feature of glass roof is it has electronically controlled opalescence that will give a transparent outside view.
- The 2 coaches will run on the Vizag-Araku route while 2 will be sent to Jammu And Kashmir
Telangana passes bill to hike reservations for Muslim and STs
- Under this bill the reservation for socially backward people and Muslim people has been increased.
- For Muslim 4% to 12% increment and for Scheduled tribes 6% to 10%.
- It includes total quotas in government jobs and educational institutions.
- The total quota in the state now increase to 62%
- The reservation of SC constitutes 16.3% of the state population
International Current Affairs
Philippine President Duterte wins TIME 100 Reader Poll
- Rodrigo Duterte, the President of Philippines has won this years’ TIME magazine’s Readers’ Poll of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- On assuming charge in June 2016, he started a violent and aggressive anti-drug campaign which has claimed more than 8000 lives so far
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was also named as a probable contender in this year’s Reader’s Poll, but he did not receive any YES votes.
Erdogan wins Turkey referendum as opposition cries foul
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan won a historic referendum on Sunday in the biggest overhaul of modern Turkish politics and the opposition not satisfied about the result.
- The ruling system has been changing through civil politics for the first time in the history of the Republic. The ‘Yes’ campaign won 51.4 percent of the vote against 48.6 percent for ‘No’.
- This victory will replace Turkey’s parliamentary system with an all-powerful presidency like ruled by one man (i.e) under president and abolish the office of prime minister.
Nepal and China to Conduct Sagarmatha Friendship
- First ever Joint military exercise begin between Nepal and China named Sagarmatha Friendship 2017 in Kathmandu
- It’s mainly focus on combining terror activities and disaster management.
- The Joint training will prove to be a great platform to learn and share knowledge and experiences with each other.
Business & Economy
India’s Economy will grow by 7.2% in 2017-2018 predicts World Bank
- World Bank predicts India’s gross domestic product (GDP) to 7.2% in the 2017-2018 from 6.8% in this fiscal year.
- Exports to grow by 6% in the coming year.
- Inflation to grow by 5.2% in 2017-2018 and 5.4% in 2018-2019
8.65% interest rate on EPF approved
- It has been done because RBI has cut their lending rates and banks have reduced their deposit rates.
- Loyalty cum benefit would be provided to all subscribers who have contributed to the scheme for 20 years or more on retirement.
- Around 17 crore subscribers’ accounts will be updated with this interest rate.
Current account deficit to widen to 1.6% from 0.5% of GDP
- Overall the stronger global demand and higher export prices are key factor of the exports recovery.
- FDI inflows around 2% of GDP.
- Exports and global demand will likely to increase and in imports reflects higher commodity prices and likely to improve in the near future.
- The major reason of strengthening Indian economy is the appreciation of the Indian rupee.
- The difference between the value of Imports of Goods, services and investment incomes with that of exports increased to $7.9 billion or 1.4% of GDP.
- Main risk of to the external sector are sharp rise in oil prices and rising of the imposing of import duty by US
BHEL commission 2 units of Rattan India Project
- BHEL (Bharat heavy electrical ltd.) has commissioned 2 units of 270 MW at Rattan India Nashik Power ltd.
- This is the project of 270 MW unit commissioned by BHEL in Phase-1 of the project.
- BHEL has commissioned 8 sets for Rattan India in Maharashtra 3 sets will be at Nashik and 5 sets at Amravati
- The fifth phase project of 270 MW will also be in completion stage.
Sports Current Affairs
Sebastian Vettel beats Lewis Hamilton in Baharain Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) won the Baharain Grand Prix by defeating Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes).
- It was Sebastian 3rd victory in Bahrain and the 44th of his career.
Pullela Gopichand’s daughter Gayatri wins twin crown in Jakarta
- Gayatri teamed up with Samiya in doubles title and win over Indonesian players of Kelly Larissa and Shelandry Vyola.
- She has won Under-15 doubles title.