Download : 15th April, 2017 - Current Affairs PDF
(Download older Current Affairs PDF's here )
National Current Affairs
Two-day national TB summit held in Dharamshala
- This is the first such summit on TB which will bring together Central & State Ministers, Members of Parliament (MPs), celebrities, bureaucrats, donors, corporate partners, health experts and organizations working to eradicate TB. All these stakeholders will pledge their support for ‘TB free India by 2025’.
Haryana sex ratio touches 950 for the first time
- In 2016 for the first time Haryana sex ratio at birth crossed the 900 mark.
- In the past Haryana sex ratio was 879 females per 1000 males which is very doleful matter for a state.
International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day in New Delhi
- Theme of the convention: “Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”
Motor Vehicle amendment bill passed by Lok Sabha
- This amendment bill was first introduced in Lok Sabha in August 2016 which proposed 89 clauses for amendment.
Government to launch Rs 6000-crore ‘SAMPADA’ scheme for food processing
- Financial Outlay: 6000 crore
- To be implemented by: FY 2019-20
Andhra Pradesh relaunches Adarana
- Andhra Pradesh announced the re-launch of ‘Adarana’, a scheme for improving traditional occupations.
- It includes modern tools, technology, marketing, and financial support that are for the artisans.
- It also provides employment in the rural areas those pursuing traditional occupations to raise their income levels.
International Current Affairs
Australian PM Turnbull arrives in New Delhi on 4-day visit
- India and Australia inked six pacts after comprehensive talks between PM Narendra Modi and visiting Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull in New Delhi.
- Turnbull launched Sports Partnership in Mumbai with an aim to increase cooperation in sports among India and Australia.
- Turnbull and Indian PM Narendra Modi, jointly inaugurated TERI-Deakin Nano biotechnology Centre (TDNBC) through a video conference.
100 Years of Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram Celebrated in London
- Hundredth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram was celebrated in London to retell Gandhi’s story with some interesting visual elements to the Internet generation.
- The film was about how Gandhi set up this ashram in 1917 on the banks of Sabarmati River.
- The film throws light on Gandhi’s life in the Ashram. It appropriately reflected the values such as non-violence, peace, love and harmony.
G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting held in Lucca, Italy
- G-7 countries have insisted that Russia should stop giving support to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. Imposing further sanctions on Russia is also being considered as an option.
Business & Economy
US, China agree to pursue 100-day plan for reducing trade deficit
- The countries agreed to the plan to correct the trade imbalance. It includes the boosting of US exports to China.
- It is designed to cover 4 fields. They include law enforcement and cyber security, as well as the economy.
People in News
PM Modi most followed world leader on Instagram
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now become the most followed world leader on photo-sharing app Instagram with a massive 6.9 million followers
- Donald Trump has emerged the second most followed leader with 6.3 million followers
- Pope Francis is in third place with 3.7 million followers, ahead of the White House account with 3.4 million followers.