- A non-profit organisation,Amnesty International India,appealed to authorities and school managements to ensure prevention of sexual violence and abuse of children in light of the rape of a six-year-old child at a private school(Marathahalli-Bangalore)
- The Juvenile Justice Rules acknowledge the need to address sexual violence in schools, but authorities have not developed clear guidelines for schools on identification of abuse,investigation and appropriate judicial involvement .
- The organisation stated that:
- There is a need for clear guidelines and frame policies to prevent sexual violence against children.
- Schools should have concrete pre-emptive measures and hold responsible for any failure in “adequately responding” to allegations regarding such instances.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-national/tp- karnataka/schools-need- guidelines-to-prevent- violence-against-children/ article6232254.ece